My life away from Berlin

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Post WM Loch




Wow, that's how it goes...in March I started this blog so that everbody could see how I am, and then I was just too busy - or too lazy ;-) - to keep this blog up to date.
A lot of things happened since March: First of all I went on a week of hiking holidays to Mallorca (Spain) with my friend Dorle. Apart from our dodgy hotel which was full of awful Germans and British people we had a fabulous time, Mallorca in March is really soooo beautiful - nearly no tourists at all, nice weather, Orange trees full of Oranges and you can do some great hikes. Dorle and me are seriously thinking about going there again next year in March... Then we had a pretty shite Spring here in Munich, I think even in May we had a week where the temerature stayed constantly below 10°C, so there was not really much to do. I spent a long weekend at my Nan's in Meppen which is in the very north west of Germany, close to the Dutch border. It was really good to see her and to see how well she is - considering that she's is her mid-eighties.
And of course the great Belle & Sebastian were on tour in Germany. I went to see them in Berlin and Munich. Stuart was probably a bit more entertaining at the Berlin gig, in Munich the whole band seemd to be a bit exhausted, but not less motivated... Stuart first had to fell off stage when he had the brilliant idea to jump into the audience before the show became really funky. I will post a few pictures from the Berlin gig.
For the last month we had the football worldcup in Germany which was absolutely amazing! I was lucky to even get a a ticket for game Serbia/Montenegro vs Côte d'Ivore in the new stadium here in Munich, the same night Holland played against Portugal and I already feared that I would have to miss that game, but in the end everybody told me the Holland/Portugal game was pretty boring and we had so much fun watching "les éléphants" win!!! The atmosphere was brilliant, the audience was quite international and very relaxed and open. In the row in front of us sat a Mexican family - all of them wearing mexican football tops and the father was wearing a Mexican hat, really nice people... Now the worldcup is over, and life feels really empty without it, Germany became 3rd and France unfortunately lost the final in the penalty shoot out against Italy although France played the better game. And the great Zinedine Zidane was sent off the pitch a couple of minutes before end of the extra time, because a stupid Italian insulted and provoked him to hit him. I was really shocked and sad - considering that it was Zizou's last football match in his career. So sad he had to leave the pitch!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home